Monday, August 16, 2010

The Case of the Missing Leash

Levi's leash had been missing for the past day or two, so today I decided that I needed to seriously try to find it.  I needed to take him to the dog park today to get some socialization and exercise, but more importantly I needed it because we are leaving for Maui in just two days and I need to send it with him for his puppy-sitter.  I spent 45 minutes this morning scouring over the whole house with no luck.  It made me so frustrated because I knew it had to be here somewhere; it couldn't have just disappeared.  I thought about giving up a few times, but then I was so mad that it just made me more determined to find it.

After 45 minutes it was starting to get a little bit warmer outside so I figured I better take Levi to the dog park with my flexi-leash (the extendable kind) before it got too hot out.  After the dog park we went to a local pet store to buy some chew toys and to look for a new leash.  I knew they wouldn't have exactly what I wanted (I hadn't been able to find a navy leash in any stores so I had ordered the ones I have now from online) but I figured that I could hopefully get something to use in the meantime.  I have a spare leash at my house in Davis, but that doesn't do me any good when I'm not living there.  I didn't like any of the leashes at that pet store or at Petco because they only had really thin or really thick ones.  I like the leashes that are 3/4" thick.  Am I a little too picky about my leashes?... Maybe.  I decided to search for the leash for another day and then if I still couldn't find it I would give in and buy a leash I didn't like from the pet store.

I waited to search more until my mom got home to see if she had seen it.  Unfortunately, she hadn't seen it around.  I proceeded to search for another 15 or 20 minutes, then called my dad at work to see if he had seen it.  Nope, he hadn't seen it either.   Agh!  I finally decided to give up and found a leather leash that my sister had for her dog several years ago that I could use while we were on vacation.  I then went online to the store that I bought his first two leashes from and ordered two more leashes. 

Then, as we were getting ready to eat dinner, my dad lifts up his new camera bag from the counter and guess what was sitting behind it....my leash!  (I'm sure you could have guessed that based on the theme of this post)  Needless to say, I was so happy and relieved that it was found!  I never thought I would get so upset about a lost leash.  I think it was just because I knew it had to be around here somewhere so I was frustrated that I couldn't find it. 

All is happy now, and Levi is getting all ready to see his brothers, mom, and aunties when he goes to Christine and Don's for puppy-sitting.  I know he will have a great time and be well cared for while we are in Hawaii. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment