Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Levi!

 

I'm amazed at how quickly the past year has flown by!  I can't really call Levi my puppy anymore, he's now grown up into a wonderful, intelligent, enthusiastic dog.  So for his 1 year birthday I can't narrow it down to 1 thing I love most about Levi so I'm going to give you 12 (for 12 months).

1.  He loves his human family (and everyone else for that matter)
2.  He is such a cuddle-bug
3.  He is so smart and tries so hard to please
4.  He's so enthusiastic about life
5.  He's the best partner for snow adventures
6.  He forces me to exercise more
7.  He makes me laugh and brightens my day everyday
8.  He loves other dogs
9.  He'll do anything for a game of tug or fetch (which has made obedience training so much more fun!)
10.  He gets so excited for new toys
11.  He's teaching me everyday how to be a better dog trainer
12.  He and I are a family now, and though he could never replace Kobe he has become my new best friend.

Today we had a little birthday party for him at my parent's house.  I made him a yummy dog cake cut in the shape of a bone.


You can find the recipe here from browneyedbaker.com.  He devoured his piece in one bite and seemed to think it was pretty tasty.
One second it was there...
The next second it was gone!

Next it was time to open presents.  No fancy wrapping for Levi though...just a poorly decorated brown paper bag : (
 
 
 
 
 

Checking out all his new toys and trying to decide which to play with.


Happy Birthday Levi!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Levi!!!! We quite enjoyed a little celebratin' with your sis, Avalon! You all are so amazing! Hope to meet you sometime :)

    Sweet hugs,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Levi - we missed this beautiful birthday post! Caught you on FB, but LOVE the photos and story here! Happy (now) belated first birthday adorable, handsome boy/bro - hope you meet you again soon! Love that decorated bag - what a super idea - it looks wonderful and what was inside makes us drool!!!
    xoxoxo
    Sammie, Avalon and Ozzie

    ReplyDelete