Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday Funday

Levi and I spent the day today in the bay area.  It started with a great obedience lesson and ended with a nice 3 hour hike.
Levi and I started taking obedience lessons with a great trainer in the bay area a few months ago.  Its about a 2 hour drive from Davis though so we only get to go about every 3-4 weeks.  I've been meaning to make a day of it and take Levi for a hike after our lesson because there are so many great hiking locations in the bay area (compared with the very flat Davis).

My roommate is a San Francisco native and recommended a hike that was really close to where my obedience lesson was, at the Windy Hill Open Space Preserve.  She warned me that it was a little bit steep but I figured we were up for the challenge.  It was definitely a work-out but it was doable especially with the nice weather (sunny but not hot).  We made it to the top (with a few water and rest breaks of course) and there was a pretty nice view of the surrounding area and the San Francisco Bay.  Everything is so green and beautiful right now.
Levi was deciding which path to take at a Y in the trail.
Levi blinked
One of the things that I thought though as I looked out at the beautiful scenery was how much clearer the sky/air is on the Central Coast.  I guess there are pro's and con's to every location.  I must say that I really love living in the middle of everything right now.  To be so close to the snow/Lake Tahoe and also to the beach and hiking in the bay area is unbelievable.  Levi and I are very lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - what a gorgeous hike - such lush greenery and scenery too! We looked at that hike when we went camping a couple of weeks ago - but too far. Levi looks so handsome; bet he slept like Rip Van Winkle after that! Next fun match... you and Levi have to come! (And you're right about living in the midst of such lovely places!)
    xo
    Sammie, Avalon, Oz and Mom

    ReplyDelete