Friday, June 5, 2020

Levi’s Getting a Brother!

Well technically 2 brothers!

I know I haven't posted on the blog in several years, but I really enjoyed having the memories of Levi growing up in writing and photos, and want to do the same with this new puppy.

I’ve gone back and forth for several years on the right time to get a second dog. After losing Kobe, I decided that I didn’t want to be dog-less when my next golden passed.  It finally seemed like the right time, as Levi is getting older (don't tell him that!), and I wanted time to train a puppy before we started having kids.  It's taken about a year, but finally the right litter is here and I'll be getting the new puppy in about a week.  It seems almost full circle that the puppy is from the same breeder I got Kobe from, and will be a great nephew to Levi.

Brother #1 has already arrived.  Gary has been looking for a working border collie pup for the past year or so, and he finally got his puppy a couple weeks ago.  Paco, is already very smart, and such a funny puppy.


Levi wasn't very excited about the new puppy in town, but he has warmed up to him and they play a lot now.  Paco is an outside dog :( so at least Levi has the house as his safe haven when he doesn't want to be pestered by the pup.  That will all change here when little golden puppy comes home.  It will be a bigger adjustment for Levi because not only will the puppy be inside with him, it will be taking up more of my attention than Paco does.  I've been trying to spend extra special time with Levi, and I will do that once the puppy arrives too.  I also have plenty of x-pens to make sure Levi has freedom from the new puppy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment