Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Beginning

My roommate Alicia suggested that I start a blog about my journey of finding a new puppy and our new life together, so that's what I'm doing.  Those who know me know that my golden retriever, Kobe, who recently passed away was the love of my life.  He was my child and he meant the world to me.  He died very unexpectedly on February 12, 2010 due to hemangiosarcoma in the right auricle of his heart (for all you vet school friends).  It devastated me.  I knew that I couldn't live without a golden in my life though, not after the love and joy that Kobe brought me.  Shortly after he died I contacted his breeder, Cindy,  to see if she knew of any good litters of goldens that might be ready to go home around summer time.  I figured by summer I would be ready to have a new puppy, and then I wouldn't be in school so I would have a lot of time to devote to it.


I contacted one breeder in Wisconsin that was recommended to me, however she wasn't planning to have puppies until fall or winter which was a little bit later than I would've liked.  Then Cindy sent me an email about a great litter that she knew of and highly recommended.  I contacted the breeder, Christine at Tigana Goldens, about the litter and it sounds perfect.  The dam, Sport, does agility, field trials, conformation, etc.  You name it and she seems to excel at it.  And did I mention how beautiful she is. Pictures of Mommy Sport and Daddy William.  

I am going to meet Sport and Christine this Sunday.  The puppies are due at the end of March, so they would be ready to go home around the end of May.  Pretty close to perfect timing.  Hopefully everything works out and there is a perfect little puppy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment