Thursday, May 26, 2011

Levi's Big Surgery

Today Levi had his neuter surgery.  I dropped him off this morning at the UC Davis Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (or the VMTH as we students call it).  The surgery went great and he was ready to pick up later in the afternoon.  The 4th year student said he did great and that lots of people fell in love with him while he was there - always the charmer.  On our way home we stopped at Petco to buy some post-surgery presents :-).
When we got home I gave him his presents which he was happy about but much subdued from what his normal reaction would have been to new toys. 
 
 He seems pretty uncomfortable and painful, whimpering and laying down and getting up a lot.  He really wants to be close to me and tries to lay on my lap or up against me.  I've been sitting with him and watching to make sure he doesn't try to lick the incision so that way he doesn't have to wear the cone for now.
 


I have to keep him mellow for 7 days to allow for his incision to heal.  That could be an interesting challenge.  It's so sad to see him painful and whining and I can't really do anything for him but sit here and pet him.  I gave him his evening's dose of pain killers so hopefully that will help him feel a little better.

Here are a couple videos I took, one of him playing with one of his new toys and the other of his sad whimpering.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Levi!!! Hang in there. You will be fine soon :)

    Sweet hugs,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete