Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fallen Leaf Lake

A week with no exams means a weekend full of fun (plus some studying still).  Today Levi and I went up to Tahoe to go snowshoeing on a new trail that we hadn't done before.  It was a gorgeous day, sunny and 45 degrees.  We went to Fallen Leaf Lake which was so beautiful with Mt. Tallac in the background.  It was a little bit rough going at first because there wasn't a marked trial so we were just following other peoples' paths.  A lot of them didn't really go the right direction though so we ended up just making our own trail for part of it. It was so nice to finally have snow after our semi-failed attempt at snowshoeing earlier this season.  Levi loved frolicking in the snow and he even ran down into the lake a couple times.  Can't keep that boy out of water if I tried.  It was a great day snowshoeing with my favorite doggie in my favorite place on earth!

Enjoying a good roll in the snow

Levi never smiles when I try to take pictures with him :(

Much cuter without me in the picture



3 comments:

  1. I know you said earlier that you got a new camera, what kind did you get your pictures are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not as nice as yours ;) It's a Canon Rebel T1i (although the last picture was actually taken on my iphone). I have fun with it but I'd like to someday actually learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KRISTEN, I AM JUST GOING TROUGH YOUR BLOGS AND A CAME ACROSS THIS ONE, I LOVE ALL YOUR PICTURES.
    THE COLOR IS SO BRILLIANT, THE SCENERY IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO ARE YOU AND LEVI. YOU LOOK SO HAPPY, KRISTEN.
    IT IS EASY TO SEE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR LIFE IN DAVIS, THE STUDIES, ALL YOUR GREAT FRIENDS, ALL YOUR OUTDOOR
    ACTIVITIES WITH THEM AND NATURALLY ALL YOUR FOUR-LEGGED COMPANIONS. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU.
    LOVE,
    OMA AND GRANDPA

    ReplyDelete