Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lake Nacimiento

I've been home from Honduras for a few days now and I can't believe how much Levi grew while I was gone.  He is now 16 3/4" tall and 27.8 lbs.  This is what he looks like now...


He's not a little puppy anymore. :-(

We've been going in the pool more, and he will now go onto the first step without any coaxing.  He has tried to go further but then he falls in because there is a pretty good drop to the next step, and that scares him.  Maybe by the end of the summer he will have mastered swimming in the pool.


One of his favorite things to do is to climb on the floaty rafts.  Unfortunately, I think this is going have to come to an end since he has now put holes in two of the rafts.


Today I took Levi out to Lake Nacimiento (about 40 minutes away) in hopes that he would learn to swim.  He was nervous at first and wanted to cling next to me.  I walked into the water a little bit deeper so that he would have to swim if he wanted to follow me.  It worked and he swam out following me.  After a couple times of that and realizing that he could then swim back to shore he got a lot more comfortable and would go in without me.  I tried to get him to fetch his bumper and he would swim after it but then he didn't know to grab it so he would just swim into it and then turn around.  Finally he got it and was retrieving his bumper like a pro.  I was so proud of him!




And here's a little video of him retrieving.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh he's so CUTE!!! i can't wait to see him again, he's going to be so big!

    ReplyDelete