Friday, June 18, 2010

First Trip to the Beach

This morning Levi and I headed to Avila for his first trip to the beach.  We went on the Bob Jones trail a few days ago, but we didn't make it all the way to the beach because it was too far for Levi.  Also, dogs are only allowed on the beach in Avila before 10am or after 5pm.  There are other beaches in the area that allow dogs all the time, and even an off-leash beach in Morro Bay, but since Levi isn't supposed to be around other dogs that aren't vaccinated yet I thought Avila was probably the safest.  He was a little bit hesitant when we first got to the sand, and then again when he first saw the waves coming at him, but he got over it really quickly.  I was actually really surprised how well he did with going in the water.  He would jump over the waves when they came toward him like Kobe used to do.  He got in the water pretty far, and he probably would have swam if I had gone in further.  After playing in the water we walked along the sidewalk (since it was now after 10am) and met a few nice people that stopped to pet Levi. After the beach we went to my old work so I could say hi to my old co-workers.  The trip tired him out for a few hours but then he was back to his usually energetic puppy self.

A little unsure of this whole beach-thing when we first got there.


Looking a little nervous as he follows me in the water.


Starting to get more comfortable in the water.


Posing at the end of our beach day.  (He wouldn't look at me for any of his pictures today, I think he is getting tired of all of the pictures I've been taking.)


And a little video just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment