Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy 8 Month Birthday!


8 Things for 8 Months
1.  He gets so excited when I rotate his toys and he gets to play with a toy he hasn't seen in a little while.  He acts like it is a brand new toy.
2.  He loves to rest his head on things: the coffee table, the bed, the couch, a chair, the window sill.  Even if it is below head height he will lower his neck and stand really awkwardly so he can rest his head on it.
3.  He wakes me up by coming to cuddle on the bed in the morning.
4.  He seems to enjoy riding in the car now.
5.  He has been settling down by himself in the evenings this past week
6.  He realized he could slide on the wood floors at my parents house, so now he will be playing with a toy and then run and slide with his front feet until he is laying down all sprawled out on the floor.
7.  He loves to play...all the time.
8. He has the best facial expressions, and really shows his emotions.

For his 8 month birthday I got him this interactive toy called the Dog Tornado.

It is a bone shaped toy that has little compartments for food and there are three levels that rotate and block the compartments of the level below.  The dog has to rotate each level to uncover the food in the levels below.  I gave it to Levi a little before his birthday so he could use it while we've been at home this week.  He caught on really quickly and has gotten better each time we've used it.  There are different ways that you can make it harder when it gets too easy for them so hopefully it should provide some mental work for him for a little while.  I somehow deleted the video off my camera that I took of Levi using it so it'll be a couple days before I post a video of it.

Today was a cold rainy day so we weren't able to go for a walk.  Instead we played a long game of hide-and-seek inside.  I was impressed with how well Levi did at "finding" me.  I even used some of my best hiding spots and he found me like it was no problem.  It just amazes me how smart he is!

Tomorrow morning we drive home to Davis but then we'll be back home for Christmas break in only 2 weeks.  I just have to make it through a week of classes and 3 days of finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment