Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back to Tahoe

Levi and I made a quick getaway to Lake Tahoe on Monday since I had the day off from school.  The weather was gorgeous - mid 60's and sunny.  A nice change from 50 degrees and foggy in Davis. I was planning to do a half-day of snowboarding at Heavenly and then take Levi snowshoeing to the place where we went last time.  I only ended up snowboarding for about an hour though because the slopes were really icy and it wasn't much fun (thank goodness for a season-pass).  Then Levi and I headed out to the snowshoeing trail which was packed with families unlike last time when we were the only ones there.  Thankfully all of the families were just there to sled and play in the snow so we quickly passed them and were all alone.  We had a great time (especially Levi), although I did have some frustration trying to get a decent picture of Levi and I together.  The good news: my new gorilla-pod is super easy to use.  The bad news: Levi + snow + sticks = a puppy that doesn't want to sit still for pictures even if bribed with hot dogs.  Oh well, it made for quite a few funny outtakes (including several photos of just the snow).

The start of our journey
Having a good roll in the snow
There must be something interesting in there
The first of many failed "group pictures"
"What's taking so long mom?"
Yummy sticks everywhere!

blurry, but such a happy pup
Levi pouting due to 1. being tired of pictures  2. sun in his eyes  3.  I took his stick away and put it next to the camera so he would look at the camera

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, those were great photos. Love the one of Levi on his back!! Looks like he has so much fun in the snow. Wish we were there to enjoy the snow with you :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I missed this too! Oh Kristen - I think you did a great job with the photos - super action pix! I must have taken 5 or 6 large files (200-300 pix each) to get the few I got from Tahoe - these Sporty pups are very wiggly and busy, I think! Levi looks awesome and extremely happy to be in the cold, white stuff! Love this post - well... they are all great!
    xo
    Sammie, AValon, Oz and Miche

    ReplyDelete