Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy 10 Month Birthday to Levi!

Yesterday Levi turned 10 months old!


Here are a few recent things in the life of Levi... (sorry there aren't 10, I'm short on time and have to get back to studying)

  • He loves sleeping in his crate a lot more lately.  He goes in there to nap all the time now rather than just sleeping on the floor.
  • He also really loves sleeping on this old bolster bed that I had for Kobe.
 
Now don't get the idea that Levi sleeps a lot.  It's really that I can only catch pictures of him when he's sleeping since otherwise he is going non-stop.
  • He loves chewing antlers.  I heard that these were great dog chews and better for their teeth than sterilized bones which can break their teeth.  They don't sell antlers anywhere locally so I had to get them online.  Levi loves them and they last forever since he just grinds down the ends when he chews it.
  • Levi has a new found joy of shredding toilet paper.  Now it has to be put out of reach when he is left alone with access to my bathroom.
  • He has become a kong pro.  I try to make his kongs really difficult but he unstuffs them like it's nothing.  These kongs were some of my masterpieces.  A couple have food kibbles that were soaked in chicken broth, smushed into the kong and then frozen with cheese at the opening.  Another one has applesauce with some liver treat surprises mixed in that was also frozen.
  • He loves sticks!  On every walk he has to find a couple sticks to carry.  The bigger the better he says.

For his 10 month birthday I got him this Hide-a-Squirrel dog toy, similar to the Hide-a-Bird toy that he loved so much.

I added a couple extra toys to give him more things to pull out.
I call them his "squirrel babies."  He loves them and often can't decide which one he wants to play with.
Here's a video of him receiving his present for the first time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm starting my blog reading this morning with your blog and what a fun way to start! I enjoyed watching your boy have fun with his present, and those Kongs I'm sure were and are loved too!!

    A HAPPY HAPPY 10 month birthday to Levi!! I hope there are many many more celebrations!!!!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10 months Levi!!!! I'm a stickie nabber too :) Found one with Avalon yesterday...come over and check it out!
    Your squirrel house video is great!!! What fun. Enjoy!

    Sweet hugs,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Happy 10 month birthday to Levi! I know what you mean about the unstuffing expertise. I'd been giving my guys the Everlasting Treat Balls with the corresponding Everlasting Treat in it. It used to last several sessions as they'd just nibble on the treat, but somehow they have figured out how to pop the treat out of the ball, and just eat the treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Levi pops the everlasting treats out too! I try to put it back in when I see that he's gotten it out, but he usually just pops it right back out again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 10 month birthday, Levi! Loved watching you play with your new toy! Miss you and Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 10th birthday! My dog has one of those squirrel trees and loves it.

    ReplyDelete