Monday, January 10, 2011

Toys

When Levi was younger he never destroyed any of his toys, but in the last couple of months he has become a destruction monster.  He now thinks it is so fun to rip appendages off of his stuffed toys.  Sometimes the toys can survive for a short time sans ear or tail, but then they often develop a fatal injury and off to the garbage they go.  I'm hoping this is only a phase he is going through.  I really hate throwing away a toy he played with for only a day.  Maybe I should start practice my suturing skills on his injured toys to bring them back to "life" for a short while. 

Levi with a couple of his recent "victims".  The poor reindeer is missing both of his antlers in addition to the couple of holes he has.

Thankfully we are well stocked on toys right now so we can afford to lose a few.  I am now at the point where there is no more storage room under my bed because it is all taken up by toy containers.


In fairness to Levi so nobody thinks he is too spoiled, most of the toys in the large toy container were Kobe's old toys that Levi inherited.  ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I used to repair toys (aka woobies), but then got tired of that and once a toy developed a large hole, I'd take out all the stuffing and squeakers and leave the skin. The dogs seem to enjoy playing with the skin almost as much, though some friends were distressed to see woobie skins everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, I'll have to start doing that. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, my favorite lady bug toy - what injury has she sustained?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She had her nose ripped off leaving a hole. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Avalon is just the same - she never used to do it, but once she found that it was fun to chew holes in the seams and find even more "fun" inside, she tries to do it to all her stuffies! Sam used to do it, but seems to have outgrown the habit, although the two of them went to town last night for some reason and the octopus is dead. It happened while I was distracted, talking to the kitty's vet. Will take Christine's advice!
    xo
    Sam, Avalon, Oz and Miche

    ReplyDelete