Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Perla Bed Finally Arrived!

Way back in September I ordered a Perla bed for Levi but it was on back-order unfortunately.  A month later it was still on back-order and they didn't know when it would be coming in.  Another month later they emailed me to say that the manufacturer had discontinued the item.  I searched everywhere online and no one had the large Perla bed available.  I finally found a Perla bed look alike called the Udesign Pet Pod by Midwest.
Perla bed on the left, Pet Pod on the right.
I originally ordered the medium thinking Levi would like it more cozy but it was way too small.

I then ordered the large one which got here Saturday.  It turned out to be a much better fit for him, and he already loves sleeping in it.  Sometimes I think it looks uncomfortable when he rests his head/neck on the lip of the bed but he doesn't really seem to mind.  Maybe I'll make him a little pillow to go over that part so it's more cushiony.


4 comments:

  1. Awww! He looks so cute, all cuddled up in that comfy-looking round bed! Sammie has a round bed and she is always resting her chin on the edge! Avalon is more the rectangle-bed sleeper - Levi is just so handsome!
    xo
    Miche

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures made me laugh! Well, mostly the one of him squished into the small bed. :-) Someone sent me this link to what look like Perla bed covers. I just drape a couple Costco dog blankets over the entire bed, including the edges, but these do look comfy and tempting to get.

    http://www.ablackhorse.com/productcart/pc/showsearchresults.asp?pageStyle=H&resultCnt=15&keyword=udesign&submit=Go+%3E%3E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-- I just noticed that the link is for the same products on the Udesign site, so never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Christine - I actually got his bed from that site that you posted the link to. I saw the bed covers but I thought I would try it with a blanket first and see if that was good enough for him. I think he likes the blanket because he can move it if he wants to lay just on the plastic bottom.

    ReplyDelete