Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to Puppies...

The puppies are two weeks old now and they get cuter every day.  I already love them all.  I can start visiting them next weekend, yay!  The litter theme for picking AKC registered names is "Artisan Beers" since Christine has been calling them Sporty's "six-pack".  She started a list of potential names going off a list of the top 100 beers on beeradvocate.com.  My mom has also been doing some name research.  Some of the names that I like so far are:
  • Tigana's The Perfect Storm
  • Tigana's Exponential Hoppiness
  • Tigana's Pure Hoppiness
  • Tigana's Splinter Gold
  • Tigana's Duck Duck Gooze
Any name suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've already started my puppy shopping and a fun box of toys arrived last week.  I couldn't help but test them all out. : )  One of my favorites is this hide-a-bird toy that I got.  They make a couple different types of these puzzle toys for dogs and I thought they looked like a lot of fun.  There are three little plush birdies that you put in the tree and the dog then finds them and pulls them out.  I also got a Chuck-it which is surprisingly more difficult to use that it appears.  I guess maybe I just need to practice outside of the house and then it might be easier. I also got the puppy an everlasting treat ball which my Uncle and Aunt have for their golden-doodle.  I also ordered a new crate that should be here in the next week or so which will be the puppy's crate at school so I don't have to transport mine from home every day.

The puppies have all opened their eyes now and their ears just recently opened as well.  Christine says that they are starting to play with each other and their toys now.  I just can't believe how quickly they grow up.  The next 6 weeks are going to fly by.  I will start posting pictures after I visit them next weekend.  (Thanks again Dad for letting me borrow your camera!)

2 comments:

  1. THIS PUPPY IS GOING TO BE SO SPOILED!! haha, love him or her already. :)

    ps. i can teach you how to use a chuck it. i promise it's not that hard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tigana's Splinter Gold because it links in the golden of golden retriever. Just my thought. :) And what's the puppy website again? I want to see the latest pictures!

    ReplyDelete