Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer!

I drove home last Friday with all my animals in tow.  Mom flew up to help me on the drive back since I had to take Levi and Gypsy, and Levi hadn't been on that long of a road trip before.  He did fantastic!  I couldn't ask for a better car puppy.  He slept in his crate the whole way!


He explored a lot when we first got home.  This house is so much bigger and more exciting than my house in Davis.  That night was Melissa's birthday celebration since I wasn't able to come home for her actual birthday.  Levi was very excited to see Melissa again, and to meet Ryan.  He loves playing with guys since they like to rough-house. 

On Sunday we all went swimming in the pool, and Levi was very curious about it but didn't want to get him by himself.  I helped him onto the first step which he didn't seem to mind, but then he went off the first step and realized that there wasn't anything to stand on.  I think that scared him a little bit but he was still very interested in the pool.  I went in the pool again yesterday and he did a lot better.  He still won't get in by himself, but if I sit on the first step he will climb onto my lap and then down onto the step.  I think it's too big of a step for him right now to go from outside the pool down to that first step by himself.  Maybe when he gets a little bit bigger he'll do it on his own.


Today I took him down to Avila and we went on the Bob Jones trail.  We didn't go the whole way because it is 1.5 miles each way and that is a little bit too far for him right now.  It is really pretty and shaded with lots of trees and plants around.  He is such a good leash walker, and he hardly pulls at all.  The only difficulty is that he likes to try to walk on my right side sometimes so he ends up cutting me off or tripping me.  He met lots of friendly people and got to see children, bikes, rollerbladers, joggers, and baby strollers.  Everyone thought he was so cute!

This was the start of the trail. (Practicing our Sit-Stay so I could take his picture) :-)


Wishing I would stop taking his picture so we could keep walking.


Trying to take our picture together.  He wouldn't look at the camera at the right time.  Oh well!


We took a few rest breaks on the benches along the path.  This made for good picture time.


What a cute puppy!  I might be a little biased though. 


...very tired on the way home!

1 comment:

  1. haaahahah i love these!! the pool picture: framer. so freaking cute. & the second one where he is staying, he looks so fed up with you. :) he's such a good boy!!

    ReplyDelete