Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 2

This weekend Levi got to meet a lot of new people and even a few dogs.  Some friends were having a bbq at a local park on Sunday so I took Levi so everyone could meet him.  He couldn't play in the grass since he doesn't have all of his vaccines yet but he got to be passed around between lots of people.  He was exhausted afterward and slept very peacefully. :-)

Life with Levi is getting much easier and more fun.  He is doing so much better with potty training, and even though he's had a couple accidents, he now at least understands that he is supposed to go to the bathroom when I take him outside to his potty spot.  That makes life so much less frustrating!  At the beginning he just wanted to eat everything that was outside - leaves, bark, twigs, etc.  He has quieted down a lot too thankfully.  That was one of the hardest things for me because Kobe was so quiet so I wasn't used to whining and barking.  Levi is starting to get more used to being left alone in the ex-pens either outside or in the house.  He still whines occasionally, but it is a major improvement on a few days ago when he would constantly whine and bark.  He is starting to get a little bit more mischievous though which I can tell is going to be really trying on my patience.  He is definitely going to be a handful of a puppy, but hopefully I can help him become a good dog.  It will be nice to have the summer off from school so I can get him out of the house and do more activities to wear him out.

I like him when he is like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment