Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lake Berryessa

Levi and I went hiking out at Lake Berryessa today.

  (the water is a little low in the lake)

I had been planning to go this past Thursday but then it rained on Wednesday and I thought it might be a little bit muddy so we postponed it for the weekend.  I found a trail online that sounded good and it was supposed to have water access so we headed there.  It took us about an hour and a half to get there (very windy roads), but there wasn't a day use fee like Lake Nacimiento so that was nice.  There wasn't anybody else out on the trail we went on so it was nice and peaceful (well except for the bugs).  Next time I'll remember to use bug spray.  There were a couple areas of the hike where I had to continuously swat little flies out of my face which was a little annoying.

Levi had fun though, and I even trusted him enough to let him off leash for a little bit.  He would run up ahead but then he always stopped and waited for me or turned and ran back to me.  I didn't even have to call him to me once. 

It was a little warm so we stopped for a few rest/water breaks in the shade.

At the end of the hike we made our way down to the water and he swam and retrieved bumpers for a little while.  He really enjoyed rolling in the dirt when he was done.  That just meant that it was bath-time when we got home. 



1 comment:

  1. He looks so happy!!!! Wish I could have been there too. What a full day he had yesterday - an outing and then a BATH! Love it that he will be soft and smell good when I visit this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete