Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ramblings

Today we got a nice surprise on our evening walk.  We went to this big field near our house to do some training and bumper retrieving, and shortly after we got there a beautiful golden retriever came over to say hi to Levi.  I think his name was Milo.  I chatted with his owner while Milo and Levi wrestled together.  Levi really liked him, and I was glad that he was getting to play with another golden. :-)  Milo is also half American and half European.  I guess there is a normal group of dog owners that all get together at this field in the evenings to let their dogs play.  I decided to let Levi off of his long leash since he kept tangling the other dogs and he did really well.  He stayed nearby and we even got to work on our recall a few times when he wasn't super engrossed in playing.  He did really well, and after coming back the first time and getting a handful of hot dog pieces he realized that he really liked to come when I called him.

All that playing really tired him out.  I thought it was funny how he dug his bed out of the crate so he could lay on the cold metal and then he used the bed as a head rest.

Today was the first day of my second year of vet school.  It was really good to be back and to see everyone again, but it was weird going into the second years class room.  I kept wanting to go to our classroom from first year.  Levi stayed at home today since we had a short day and I got home at 2.  He didn't seem too upset about it, so I hope that he continues to do well.  Tomorrow is a really short day (9-12) and then Thursday we have off for Rosh Hashanah.  Why?  I don't know, but I don't care, it's a day off!  Levi will get to come to school with me for the first time on Friday when I go all the way until 5pm.  I already have his crate set up in the home room so he's ready to go.

Now that we have been back in Davis for a few days Levi is feeling more like this is home again.  He really likes that he has a step so he can go on the bed here.  One thing that I think is really funny though is that most of the time he chooses to lay on the step instead of the bed.  I think he likes it because he can lean up against the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment