Friday, May 28, 2010

Our First Week

Levi's first week home has been a fun but exhausting one.  He was really noisy in his crate the first night but since then he has settled down and now he goes to sleep with minimal whining.  He also sleeps through the night until about 6am which I have been thankful for.  He still isn't very good about being left alone in his x-pen and he will bark and whine a bit, but we're working on it so hopefully it will get better in the next week or so.  He is a really cute and funny puppy and I love running around the house or yard with him chasing after me.  He also loves to fetch so we've been doing a lot of that.  He is already so good about bringing the toys back to me rather than just running off with them.  His potty training is going better than at the beginning of the week.  He now seems to understand more that he is supposed to go to the bathroom when I take him to his potty spot outside.  Before he just wanted to play or eat all the leaves and bark on the ground.
It was kind of a stressful week for me because the first three days I had class/meetings in the evenings so I couldn't be there to take care of him.  Thankfully my roommate Alicia babysat him for me so I didn't have to worry.  Levi has had a few visitors now, all of whom he is very excited to play with and see what fun things they are wearing that he can grab a hold of.  His favorite thing right now is hair.
Last Sunday Levi went to puppy class where he got to see his brother Jamie who also now lives in Davis.  He was really excited to see the other puppies, and just wanted to play the whole time.  He didn't really have the patience or attention span for the obedience work though.
If he is good this week he might get to come to school one day to meet everyone.  I know there are several people that have been looking forward to seeing him but I haven't trusted him to be quiet in his crate at school yet so he has had to stay home.  Ok, back to studying.  Only a week and a half of school left until summer!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww - he's so adorable in his close up! His face is already looking more mature than when we saw him 2 weeks ago. Kiss his soft nose for me :)

    ReplyDelete