Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Visit Home

Levi and I had a wonderful time at home this weekend spending time with the family.  It was so relaxing to not study for 3 days, I only wish it could have lasted longer.

Thankfully the weather was nice on Saturday morning and Mom, Levi, and I headed to Avila to go for a walk on the Bob Jones Trail.  It has become a favorite walk of ours at home.  I can't believe how much more grown up Levi looks now compared to the other 2 times we walked on this trail over summer (posted here and here).





(Our failed attempt at a group shot)

One thing that I found pretty funny at home was that Levi couldn't figure out how to get on the bed.  He is used to having a step to climb up so he doesn't really know how to "jump" onto the bed.  I thought it would just be intuitive for a dog, especially since he loves trying to jump onto everything else, but even after a day he was still trying to climb onto the bed rather than jump.  I wish I could have gotten it on video because it was pretty funny.  He would get his front end up and then try to step up with his back legs but it was too high of a step up.  I ended up having to help lift his butt onto the bed.  Finally on the second day I got him to jump up there on his own.  He was so proud of himself after that.


Tomorrow morning we are driving back to Davis where real life awaits us. Only 4 weeks until we are off for Thanksgiving break (we get a whole week off of school!).  We also don't start classes until 11am for the rest of the quarter (except days when we have exams), so I can't complain too much.  That gives us lots of time for walks, playing fetch, and riding Gypsy in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment