Saturday, May 1, 2010

Puppy Visit #3

Today was puppy visit number 3 and the puppies are 5 weeks old.  My roommate Alicia got to come with me to see them which gave the puppies even more people to play with.  Plus it was helpful being able to study together in the car for our test on Monday.  The puppies were all sleeping in their inside pen when we got there so we moved them outside to the lawn so they would wake up and play.  They were very adventurous and liked to venture under the plants and chew on some other plants.  It was hard to keep track of them all because they were all over the place.  I don't know how Christine and Don do it on their own.  After a short time in the grass we moved them into their outdoor pen so they were more confined.  They were all very active at first and it was hard to watch them all.  I would be watching one puppy do something cute and then another puppy would be going on the teeter totter behind me.  By the time i turned around to see that puppy it was already done and there was another puppy somewhere else playing with another toy/etc.  Then a couple of them started going to sleep.  I picked up green boy because I didn't get to play with him as much last week.  I held him and played with him for awhile, and he really liked to chew on my pants.  Actually all of the puppies really enjoyed chewing on my jeans, it must be an interesting texture for them.  He was very cute and a lot of fun to play with.  He then went to sleep next to purple boy and for awhile I just watched them sleep.  As puppies they sleep A LOT!  They have fun little spurts of playfulness but then they all just go back to sleep.  Christine showed me how she uses a human nail clipper to trim their little bittie nails, and then she let me trim pink girls nails since hers were kind of long.  Then we kind of hung out and petted them while they slept and we talked to Christine and Don for a little bit.  I still hadn't gotten to see blue or blonde boy much so when one of the puppies woke up Blue boy by stepping on him I took the opportunity to pick him up and put him on my lap.  He was still very sleepy so he just fell asleep in my lap with his little head resting on my arm.  It was very sweet!  Then Purple boy woke up and wanted to play so i played with him for a little bit.  He has a very cute face and is a lot of fun to play with.  That was about it for the visit.  For the most part they were all sleeping, but it is still so fun just to watch them sleep.  Next week my sister and mom are coming up to visit for Mother's Day and I am going to take them to see the puppies.  I know that they will fall in love with them too. : )  Now some pictures from the day.

This is one of the girls that was playing on the teeter totter

Blonde boy sleeping on top of Blue boy

Blue boy sleeping in my lap

Purple boy sleeping
And lastly, a couple pictures of Green Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment