Monday, May 10, 2010

Puppy Visit #4

Mom and Melisa came to see the puppies with me on Saturday for puppy visit #4.  The puppies are 6 weeks old now, and they are staying awake and playing longer than in my previous visits.  We put them out in their big pen on the grass when we got there and they were all so happy, running around and playing with each other.

They now have a red plastic Clifford slide that they all like to play on, and it was cute watching them climb the little stair and then stand at the top peering down before they decided to slide down it.  One puppy (I think it was green) kept trying to run up the slide part to get to the top but he only got about halfway before he would slide back down.  It was so cute watching him try over and over again and finally I just helped him up it (mostly because I was on the other side and I wanted to play with him).

They are playing with their toys a lot more and they really liked this cloth tug toy that they had.  We played tug with them and then two of the puppies played tug with each other with the toy.  Christine was telling us that Green boy was playing fetch a lot this morning with a baby tennis ball that they had, so I tossed the ball to see if he would go get it.  He got distracted the first time but the second time he chased after it.  He still needs to work on the bringing it back part though; he just wanted to lay down and chew on it.



It was really cute towards the end of our visit little green boy was running around the pen trying to follow Sport on the other side.  Then Sport came into the pen and the two of them played for a little bit.  She kind of scared him a little bit with all of her loud barking but then he would just run right back up to her to play more.  It was really cute to watch them together.

I've been doing a lot of shopping in preparation for the new puppy.  I just ordered a couple new toys and a collar and leash for it.  I already want to set up it's puppy area but Alicia tells me that it is a little too soon. :(  Ok, I'll try to wait one more week.




I just sent Kobe's bed home with Mom to make space for the puppy's crate in my bedroom.  It was hard to see it go, but Mom is going to make a small throw pillow out of it where it has his name embroidered on it, so I will get it back eventually.

(Photos professionally taken by Melissa Hampshire)

2 comments:

  1. What cute pictures! I hope you paid the person that took those! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha... I will give you credit in the blog and maybe I'll even let you play with my puppy when I get it. That will be payment enough. ;)

    ReplyDelete